Magnetic Resonance Imagining (MRI) technology uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the internal structures of the body. An MRI exam is accurate, safe and painless.
What To Expect
We make it a priority to ensure that you are at ease during your MRI exam.
- Complete the necessary medical forms obtained from front desk staff.
- BGSA provides private and secure change rooms. Comfortable two piece scrubs will be provided for you to change into. You may be asked to remove your jewelry.
- One of our friendly technologists will take you to the exam room and position you on the cushioned MRI table.
- The MRI machine can be loud so patients are provided earplugs and headphones to wear during the scan. You will have verbal contact with the technologist throughout the scan should you need assistance.
- The table is then moved into the centre of the scanner and the images are taken.
- Please note: it is important to remain still during the exam; otherwise images will be blurry.
- Once the scan is complete, you are free to leave and resume normal activity.
- Your results are sent directly from our radiologist to your referring physician.
- At your request, BGSA offers a complimentary memory stick that contains images from your MRI