- Please report to the clinic approximately 15 minutes before your appointment time.
- Turn off or mute your phone before arriving.
- You’ll be asked to complete necessary medical forms when you arrive, these will be provided to you from our front desk staff.
- BGSA provides our patients with private changing rooms. You’ll be given two-piece scrubs to change into. Please note, you will be asked to remove your jewelry, so leave it at home if you can.
- One of our friendly technologists will review the medical forms with you to ensure your safety and then take you to the exam room and position you on the cushioned MRI table.
- The MRI machine can be noisy, so patients are provided with earplugs and headphones to wear during the scan. You will have verbal contact with the technologist throughout the scan should you need any assistance.
- The MRI table is then moved into the center of the machine and the images are taken.
- Please note, it is very important to stay still during the exam, this ensures images are clear.
Please note, you’ll be required to remove any jewelry before your exam. Metals are not allowed within the magnet area, so please leave any valuables at home.
Results are sent directly from our radiologist to your referring physician. At your request, BGSA offers a complimentary memory stick which contains images from your MRI exam.
How much does an MRI exam cost?
Will an MRI exam hurt?
You will hear a loud knocking or buzzing sound at various points during the exam, other than that, you won’t feel anything.
Will I be claustrophobic in the MRI machine?
Our MRI unit is open on both ends and therefore is not enclosed completely. If the area we are scanning is at your knees or below, you will enter the scanner feet first. If above your knees, you will enter head first. You will have verbal contact with your technologist throughout the duration of your exam, and the technologist will always have the ability to see you through a large viewing window.
If you need any assistance, our technologists will be there throughout the exam